Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Not a Cake, but Oh So Good

I couldn't help myself. This Irish Soda Bread turned out so beautiful. I added cherries and almond extract. My house smelled wonderful. My guests had already arrived, so they got to have it piping hot out of the oven. This was my second attempt. A couple of weeks back I tried and it turned out hard as a rock. I had to drench it in honey and butter (not too terribly awful :) This time I just barely stirred it (with my hands) until it was completely mixed. Then I only turned over twice to make sure the dough was covered enough with flour to move it to the baking stone. Finally, I washed it down with egg and cream. And I followed my nose. The suggested baking time was way too long. I'm excited to see what other kinds of Soda Bread I can make.
Coming next...
I have the pics from my Red Velvet and Hershey's cakes; I've just misplaced the camera. Also, requested by my dear friend Brandy, Carrot Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment