Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St.Patty's Day Lucky Charm Cake

I'm finally getting back to my computer after all the family has come and gone. We had a great time, but a proper hostess probably shouldn't submit to her computer addiction. Not the best form of entertainment. Anyway...
I got to make my first Topsy Turvy cake. I whipped up a white cake recipe and swirled in green. The cake was covered in a white buttercream with green shamrocks stensiled on. I found a recipe for homemade candy jewels and placed them all over the cake. On the top I piped a traditional Irish knot design. The luster dust didn't work out the way I was expecting, but there was still a pretty sheen all over the cake. Over all it was about three batches of cake. What the websites did not mention was how to cut a topsy turvy cake. You don't cut it like you would a regular round cake. The pieces start to fall off to the sides. I have a little more research to do. If you find directions on how to do this, please feel free to relay them.

No comments:

Post a Comment